View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #7822
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
I always see quite a few full tinted windscreens on the GS/A's...LOVE IT!!! Makes me want to buy one!

Being the cheap bugger that I am, I was wondering if its possible to have an auto graphics guy (or gal) put a wrap on the windscreen. Someone else on here was wrapping the GS/A side tank covers in different colors...it was a vinyl heat shrink wrap of some sort.

There are quite a few angles and contours to the windscreen so maybe it couldn't be done. Just got me thinking though...it sure would be cheaper than a $280 windscreen....
I have wrapped quite a few things with 3M 1080 vinyl. It is very addictive. Once you get the hang of it, you will want to wrap everything. (I almost had a carbon fiber wrapped Eames LCW...)

You might be able to window tint the inside of the windscreen. I would ask a tint installer.

There is another option. People have used a product to tint their rear taillights on some of the car forums. Here is a link to one such thread on NASIOC. You might be able to find a clear dark smoke spray paint online or at a craft shop like Michael's. I found this online after a quick search.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote