Well damn it. I just wrote a page long update with photos and my browser shut down and I lost it all. Time for the abridged version.
I got the wheels back and started mounting tires. The rear was tough, the front better. I'm going back to the shop today to pick up a spacer and to have them finish the rear tire. I was afraid I was going to tear the bead on the last 10" or so. Should be a roller with picture proof this afternoon.
Sorry for the initial crappy photos!
Working the valve stem through the rim with the tire half mounted - always a pleasure!
Getting it down:
Started on the front this morning.
Half way on:
I cut the fingers off of some old leather gloves to help protect the shiny powder coating from my clumsy work:
I'm going back to the shop to pick up a wheel spacer that fell out of the hub, and also to have them finish up the rear tire install for me. It got to the point where I felt I was going to scratch the rim and I didn't want to do that.
Picture proof that she's a roller again coming this afternoon....