View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #244
wirewrkrwife
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thank you for your kind messages everyone

Robert in Taos, New Mexico, Nov. 2011

Robert's good friend, Chris Canterbury (BMWEURO) forwarded this forum on to me. As Robert's (wirewrkr) wife, I am so deeply touched! He was such a force with in the BMW motorcycle world - it was his greatest passion, especially the vintage bikes - so obvious by how much of his life revolved around it. I am grateful to have these comments from all of you to read and I know he REALLY enjoyed them too. It makes my heart warm and helps soothe my broken heart to hear about him from so many. He was such a considerate person, so willing to help others, so ready to stop what he was doing in order to be there for his "people". He had his own sense of humor, not everyone understood, but I LOVED! He felt most at home in his shop where he could "tinker" as he called it. He had a natural talent and could fix just about ANYTHING, whether it be a motorcycle, the starter on my car, a leaking fixture, the door on the refrigerator, or the washing machine. The only thing he didn't like to do was paint, but since I like to, that worked out perfectly for us. I will miss him dearly. Those on the east coast can join the memorial on the 24th. See his daughter Katie's post. He is also having a "celebration of his life" in Joshua Tree on Dec. 2nd. at his home. Another in Santa Cruz (where he lived for 10 years prior to Joshua Tree) but the date has not yet been pinned down. I will post that info as things get finalized. You are all welcome.

Alita VanVliet

wirewrkrwife screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 10:44 PM Reason: update
wirewrkrwife is offline   Reply With Quote