View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #97
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Nov 6 8 Oaxaca

Leaving Taxco on my way to Oaxaca. Beautiful ride first 150 km or so was slow with great twisted roads. Had everything today from a bit of gravel to some Cuota I mistakenly got on the cuota at the end and quickly figured that if I stayed on, would keep me from having to drive through Oaxaca in the dark.

Certainly much easier entering Oaxaca from the North zip right around the town on some ring roads slick. Except right at the end, just where I had to turn right, they switched lanes for a few blocks huh? So, here we are on a major artery, driving on the left for a bit. Im sure there is a reason for that except I was supposed to turn right at that point. Grrrr! The sport of driving in Mexico.

Here is one of the many colorful buildings in Oaxaca

If you want to see a lot of pics of Oaxaca go to this point of my Mexico by Geezer thread.

Wandered down towards the Zocolo was hungry and looking for food. Saw Casa Mayordomo . . . figured they make great chocolate, why not. Ordered the Tlyuda platter was enough food there to feed an army. Three kinds of meat.

Stopped and had a cup of hot chocolate (Chocolate con leche) one afternoon. If you ever get a chance to have hot chocolate with Oaxacan chocolate, do yourself a favor and do.

Most restaraunts give you chips and salsa while waiting for your meal. A lot of places here give peanuts with peppers and garlic . . . nothing more need be said.

Finally decided to get rid of one of the tires I've been carrying around with me. Found a great place in the back of the hotel parking lot.

They even had a workbench set up for me

Of course, I am an idiot and pinched the tube so took it to this guy to vulcanize a hot patch on - much better than the cold patch I could do

They use these cool brooms to sweep the Zocolo

While these shoeshine guys are all over the place

Looks like the Engineers are getting ready for a party with the Corona girls standing in front of one of the big Cathedrals

Speaking of the Cathedral

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote