View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #50
McCardigan OP
happy Budda

Oddometer: 2,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in NZ View Post
Hey McCarrdy good hear ya got ya issues sorted at the start and not in the middle of no-where. Taihape you sure can pick the top notch towns to stay. Should of gone further sth and stopped at Southwards car museum to waste a few hours.

Q. do u have internet access while ya out and about and what ya using or ya doing the internet cafe thing.

safe motoring. Steve
Nothing wrong with Taihape, lovely little town, very comfortable motel (Aspen Crt) and boy was I glad to check in after crossing the High Desert in pissing rain all the way from Rotorua.

"'Dont forget to do Taihapes world famous sport when your their."

Sheep shagging? I could be so lucky!

Been to Southwards, but definetly going back, a world class museum

Re internet access, I have my old faithful 10" Medion laptop, 5 years old, paid about $280 in Aldi. It's old, slow and cantankerous, just like me
Bought a NZ dongle in Tauranga from Telecom for $59, but I try to stay in pubs or motels that have WiFi access.

Good Lord! Smugmug loves me! It will allow me to post photo's

Here is Heidi, my new German girlfriend
In Ian's garage stripped down for some TLC.

Mr Postie doing the wiring.

Aspen Crt motel tonight

The bike runs beautifully, I didn't pussyfoot coming over the High Desert Rd, in fact I tend to go faster in the wet, so long as I'm dry. Excellent fuel economy for a R80GS. Fueled up at Rotorua, 250k's to Tahiape, took 15.8 lts. Gives me over 500k's on the tank.

Thank god we fitted new tyres, the screen and hand guards, in hindsight should have fitted the heated grips, but didn't think it would get so cold this time of year. Wrong!

To be continued

a

And proud 7th Day Adventourist
McCardigan is offline   Reply With Quote