View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by England-Kev View Post
I have never had anything Italian before, apart from an old girlfriend but have loved Alfa's from way before the dead sea was even sick, although I have never owned one, one day maybe, a nice red GTV 2000, oh yeah
From ~1965 until ~2002 my father owned exclusively Alfa Romeos - god only knows how many of them. They ranged in age from 1939 to a 1995. The only reason he bought a different marque is that they stopped importing new ones, so they were out as a daily driver. They kept promising to bring them back so he kept driving his '95 until everything electrical had failed (as inevitably happens in Italian cars). By 2002ish, it was clear that they weren't coming back anytime soon and his daily driver alfa was now 7 years old, which is getting up there for an alfa, so he relunctantly folded and bought a BMW. Alfas are indeed a sickness. Beware.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote