View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #96
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
This time I looked around a bit, checked out TomTom and was a little scared away by reviews.
Good thing.

The Norge comes wired from the factory for the TomTom so I purchased one when I got the bike. It was adequate for getting from point A to point B along primary roads. It is not so good for building a route - in fact, it's horrible at that. The unit will only hold 100 way points, iirc, and the TomTom mapping software really sucks. Using a third party piece of software helps but still cannot overcome the TomTom limitations. This last year they ceased selling and supporting motorcycle specific units here in the states. The cradle goes bad at around two years of use. This seems to be a known issues but has gone unaddressed by the company. You can purchase a new cradle from TomTom UK for $100 plus shipping. Replacement parts for the Rider series have never been available from the US distributor - I always had to order from the UK.

Purchasing a slightly used Zumo 660 was one of the better choices I've made lately.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote