View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
peteFoulkes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
Hi,

The only possible think beside getting local help is contacting ni Medellin or Cali to Kairserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia

He sell bikes left by riders across America. Other than that is to buy something here in the US (parts, left over...) and ship it to you. However, that will take at least 2 weeks.
Another idea is you, to continue your trip down to Ecuador and ship what ever to Quito or Guayaquil.
Everything could be done from Miami

Let me know

Thanks for the fast response. Coincidentally, I've already contacted Mike at Motolumbia. He was equally as fast in his response however unfortunately he hasn't seen any DRz's for sale around here. He also mentioned how he hasn't actually seen any DRz's in the whole time he has been here. Not sounding too good.

We've got a mechanic on the case now. He is trying to weld the crank case back together but the problem is that it's the face which is damaged. I doubt he will be able to create a decent seal again. In addition to that, the welder refused to weld the case in the bike so we had to drop the engine out. Then he said he couldn't weld it without us stripping the entire engine down. I've no idea if the mechanic knows how the thing goes back together but it is certainly beyond my previous exposure to engines. Fingers crossed.

Maybe shipping from the states is an option. 2 weeks could cost us dearly but it's better than having to leave my bike in a pile of bits here. I'll see what the latest update is from the mechanic tomorrow and work out what to do from there.

Thanks again for your help.

Pete.

Find us on Facebook here:
www.facebook.com/toughmiles

peteFoulkes screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 08:56 PM
peteFoulkes is offline   Reply With Quote