View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #84
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnabuild1 View Post
Good it's still going on ,so a Ural can maintain 100k cruise?
Depends on who you talk to I suppose but reading various reports there seemed to be some doubt.
Howdy gunnabuild1,

On level ground and not bucking a strong headwind the Ural will easily maintain 90-100kph. Loaded as it was there were times when I climbed hills in third gear but the Ural will run at 75-85kph in third mile after mile if thats whats needed to maintain speed on hills. At other times when needing to pass I would ride in third gear up to speeds of 95-100kph before shifting into forth gear. A properly run in and setup Ural in the hands of a skilled rider is not as slow as some folks think they are.

The Ural I rode on this trip had just over 3,000 klicks on it when I picked it up and a tad over 12,000 klicks when I turned it back over to Jon at the end of the trip. During the ride the Ural continued to run better, get better fuel mileage and gain in speed, in short the rig ran better after the trip then when I picked it up a month earlier. This is common for the Ural's, thats why it is so important to have a competent dealer set the rig up to begin with a competent rider to drive and maintain it until its fully run in, which usually takes about 10-12,000 klicks to accomplish.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote