View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 892
Take half the crap and twice the money! Last time I was there I only allowed myself one bag for clothes n stuff. Filled the second one up with contraband along the way.

That said, I stuff extra tubes into the upper front fairings and have irons and a little manual pump with co2 under the seat. Also have a spare clutch slave, some carb orings, a bag of assorted bolts and nuts, tape, a few extra tools, zip ties, extra wire, some fuel line, a water pump kit, spare carb mains (had to use them too to lean it out at altitude), some tube patches, and most importantly a roll of tp in a ziplock.

Clutch slave and water pump are a bit overkill, but I had them on the shelf and said why not. Wouldn't buy them for the trip though, I'd have simply brought a slave oring, and maybe the seal and a bearing for the pump...maybe. Its not quite the end of the world there. Mechanic maestros and Vulcanizadoras are plenty and standard auto parts stuff like a fuel pump for instance aren't too hard to come by, especially once in Chihuahua. Also worst case, it seems there never is a problem finding a guy with a pickup.

Have fun. Don't get shot. Enjoy the Victoria. Don't be afraid to take the back road out of Batopillas towards Urique. The big 950 can make it.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote