View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
My target today is to reach Huč the ancient Imperial Capital of the Vietnam, builded in 1687.

With the daylight I can see something of Dong Hoi

breakfast with an excellent vegetables sandwich

At this pit stop I finally understood the problem in the reading the oil level: at the first change of oil the mechanic had put too much oil and so the little windows of plastic became of the same dark color and resulted impossible to read the level.

In Huč I had reserved a room in a hotel. To find it I stopped to the bus station, near the Ancient Imperial City. Insiade a Nha Nghi (no vacancy) a ten years old girl, using google translator on her laptop helped me to find the right address

At 2 pm I was ready to visit the Ancient City

Obviously the Forbidden City in Beijing (China) is bigger, but this in Huč is very pleasant to visit.

Ok no touristic tour on the elephant with vintage clothes

The bombings of the Vietnam War left a mark on the Ancient City that is now in the list of the world heritage of Unesco

After the visit I went around Huč that is divided in 2 separated parts. One is organized for tourists,with pizzeria, pubs and clubs. This side had some point of interest but nothing special.

The other part is where live Vietnam people

A rest in a bar on hte riverside

Going around I had found the way to cut and replace the look used to secure the helmet to the bike

for dinner the duck

Very nice this little street market. No stalls, merchandises are putted on the round and the effect with lights was striking: as flowers floating on the river

In the tourist side of Huč I like a lot this floating restaurant

momi20 is offline   Reply With Quote