View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #79
doogiepooch OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcap View Post
How can a scoot compete with a KLR in regards to an ability to carry gear? I've never seen side bags on any Burgman? I agree with the poster, you can spend $1000 to outfit a KLR but once it ready, it can carry much more gear can't it?

I owned a KLR. I currently have a DL650. I to want a Burgman but outfitting it to compete with my Vee would be my biggest issue. Maybe I carry too much on long trips but I refuse to use motels. I prefer camping on my adventure rides.
I've seen side cases on a Burg before but only one and it was on the net not in person. Its the underseat storage that makes it so appealing. You ever looked in one? Fold the person in half and you could stuff a dead body in there.
The 10 day trip I did this summer, I had 2 dry bags strapped to the rear rack and that was to much stuff. Yes you could replicate that storage on the KLR but it would take 2 large side cases and probably still a top box. In a quick google search says 400 burgs have 62 liters. But it's better shaped than most side cases. Side cases are tall and skinny. Under the seat I can put 2 full faces and have room so stuff more junk around it. But I don't need the helmet storage....I could have put all my stuff for that trip under the seat. Stops, I wouldn't have felt like I had to sit by the window all the time blah blah blah. Not to mention in just everyday use, groceries, hardware store etc. Not to mention all the cubbies up front for stuff. A few poeple have mentioned a Burg won't offroad or even gravel road but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't offroad my KLR. I suppose I'm strictly comparing the touring and daily riding capabilites of each machine on road.
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote