View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,592
Day 8
October 24, 2012
Ohio River Raging

Went on several day trips around my home town and crossed the Ohio River into Ohio.
This bridge crosses the top of a dam on the Ohio River.

The bridge is somewhat new, but the dam was built in the 50ís. I spent many days dove hunting the river bottoms near the dam on the Kentucky side. This picture is taken looking south east from the Ohio side.

Quote:

I had a friend tell me he was driving from Lexington Kentucky to Detroit for a world series game that weekend. 5 hours driving through mostly Ohio. He says he never stops in Ohio unless itís to piss or litter.

While riding around in Ohio, I found this.

So I did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7g51...e8jf4vnTyh5Ctg

This was a RC track, complete with pit row, bleachers, a food stand and a very small dirt oval track.

Kentucky is on the other side of the river.

Haha, have KLR
will disobey.
Quote:

Iím not a role model, Iím a warning label.

Then I got to here.

Bike trials area here. Notice the riding pants? Those were my Dads hunting pants when he was in his 30ís.

This guy came out of no where. A Maine Coon. Total bad ass. He was not concerned about me, looked at me a while while he scratched and rolled around on the ground. Then he walked off. This is the ultimate barn cat.

The dam (lock) dropped a barge down to the next pool. Heading south and down river.

Took the rail road home from the river. Jo Jo was loving the dirt. The gravel farm crossings have nice little berms running off the tracks. Jo Jo can fly!

Quote:
Yea a KLR flies like a bird and lands like a piano.

As I wait out the storm, my plan for stage II of my trip develops and then redevelops. The first leg from Virginia was under 350 miles. The next portion will be long and epic.

AteamNM screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 11:55 AM
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote