Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #30
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '13

Oddometer: 1,797
All this plus the hazards on.

-Eff

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
I strive to keep the bike vertical. As in no leaning into the turns and such. I steer it like a shopping cart. Very gentle on throttle, clutch and brakes so as to not break traction, quick gentle action to regain traction if I do lose it. My feet are generally down on the pavement, sliding along to act as outriggers.

I will maximize traction wherever possible; from riding an unpaved shoulder to staying on an interstate where tires have melted snow. Whatever works best for the area and situation.

Increase the heck out of stopping distance, turning radiuses, slow acceleration, etc. This can cause problems with cars as they have more traction and tend to crawl up your backside to "encourage" you along.

Speeds are low, so should I go "woops" and wipe out, I hopefully won't get hurt badly.

If it ices up, I quit trying. I have not found ice riding on the streets with non-studded tires to be successfull in any fashion.