View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Beemer Tools

Howdy Folks -

I recently bought a BMW 2012 GSA and have been acquiring specific tools for this bike. We are all ADVers, sharing can mean new friends

A) (specific) Harmonzier tool, GS 911 (being delivered next week), coil puller, BMW service manual, and a few others I feel I am forgetting.

In addition to the specific tools, I have a fairly comprehensive toolset that has allowed me to do most things over the past few years on bikes and trucks. Handtools, angle grinder, bench grinder, cutoff wheel, electrical tools, etc etc, and some good creativity to create tools or use different tools to get the job done.

B) tiny ass garage that, after I remove two motorcycles and some other stuff, I can fit a boxer bike in there and have one person on each side tearing into it.

C) engine, trans, and final drive oil changes. valve checks. I am going to attempt to synch TBs soon once the GS911 comes in. Jesse Bag installation (i did mine with a 6 pack of beer and en evening essentially). I have also mucked with most other accessories for this bike specifically (barkbusters, kacko, adv bars etc). I have an M1009 project that has expanded my mechanical knowledge and patience.

D) 1st/wetmore ish

The GSA has been the project over the past few months so I am rather fluent with that bike.

Cheers,

Speedy