View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #6124
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
All the numbers on the Ktm are small...except the price no wait, should be more like

It also weighs almost a pound a cc...
Hey Rob - did you make it out yesterday? I took advantage of the weather (9 C today) and installed my Highway Dirtbikes handguards, mirrors and clamp onto the WR250R today. Took it for a spin out to Wildgoose beach and around town. If the weather keeps up - I might not have to put my bike away this winter.

Ha..ha.. Never mind the cc to weight ratio. 44 hp at 329 lbs full of fluids looks pretty good.

And it is being reported that the 390 Duke will be built in India alongside its little brother - the 200 Duke. Apparently, the build and component quality of the 200 Duke is exemplary. And both the Duke 390 and 200 share the exact same chassis - which will save on costs. Furthermore, if memory serves - representatives in the U.K. are reporting that the 390 Duke will be priced slightly LOWER than the Ninja 300 there. If that proves true - and similar pricing compared to the Ninja 300 occurs in Canada (if it comes here) - this will be some pretty stiff competition for the Ninja 300 and Honda CBR 500.

Mike
Nanabijou is online now   Reply With Quote