View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Edgar Evins State Rustic Park - Silver Point, TN

I’ve been trying to get to Burgess Falls State Park for over 3 weeks now so today I thought I’d give it another try. As I looked at the maps it made sense to do a “twofer.” Pick up Edgar Evins State Park on the way and then over to Burgess Falls. Plus it gives me a full trip around Center Hill Lake with several nice views.

No suspense here, I didn’t make it to Burgess Falls (again)! More on that later. So here’s the route to Edgar Evins State Park.

Okay, here’s the sob story. I went into work at 6:30am in order to get a jump on some things I needed to do and, maybe, slip away for a few hours of riding. I was ready at 10:45am, rolled the Roadliner out of the warehouse, cranked it up and….my cell phone rang.

It was a guy interested in the 2008 Concours I have for sale. He wants to see it but he can’t get here until noon. Dang it. To make it to both Edgar Evins and Burgess Falls I need 5 hours. No way I’ll have that after the noon visit. So scratch Burgess Falls again. (They guy came and looked at the Concours, test rode it and liked it but will have to think about it. Fair enough when you’re talking about a good chunk of money.)

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote