View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Edgar Evins - At last!

Finally we get to the actual subject of this ride report. Edgar Evins State Park. Here’s a brief bio on Edgar Evins from Wikipedia:
James Edgar Evins (1883–1954), the park's namesake, was a Smithville businessman and state senator who played a vital role in the development of the Center Hill Dam and Reservoir in the 1940s. He was the father of former United States Representative Joe L. Evins, for whom the nearby Joe L. Evins Appalachian Center for Craft is named. The Evins family began pushing for the establishment of a state park along the DeKalb portion of Center Hill Lake as early as the 1950s.

After taking the picture above, I entered the park and almost immediately saw a deer in the road ahead. It was a decent sized buck but he was in the shadow of the trees and I couldn’t tell how many points he had. I will say that he was a most patient deer. I had to stop, shift into neutral, take my glove off, get my camera out, set the zoom as close as it would get it and then took 3 pictures. He was looking right at me and I think he must have wondered what the motorcycle was all about. Just as I took the last one a truck came around the corner from the other direction and he ran into the woods. The picture isn’t great but it should hold up in court.

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote