Thread: Para-curious
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,344
New shoes for the for the GSPD. I was pleasantly surprised that enduro 3 saharas are a lot cheaper here than in the states - under $200US for a set. The MT60s that came on the bike had a little bit of tread left, but i didn't like how dried out and cracked they were so they got replaced. I took the bike out to the mountains for some dirt road exploring today and put another 200 miles on it. All went well, except the dirt roads really let me know that the shock and steering head bearings need attention badly. Lots of knocking. That'll be next on the list as soon as some relatives fly down for xmas and act as parts mules.

Still some tread on the MT60s

...but these cracks aren't too reassuring and are a lot bigger with pressure in the tires.

Work time...

New shoes and my new favorite tire irons. Wow, these things make tire changes on tubeless rims a LOT easier. Not exactly travel size though.

...and out for a ride in the mountains today.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote