View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #3165
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
Most dyno runs are made at WOT so I guess your's were. Torque and Horsepower are then derived from the rate of acceleration. So you probably know, but I'll mention, that those AFRs are not what you would measure cruising at those speeds. For WOT acceleration, those AFRs are relatively lean.

If your we're on a different type of dyno you could measure AFR under load at steady speeds. Even up to 100 mph my 1150 has gone into Closed Loop which means the AFR will be set by the transition point of your O2 sensor which is 14.7:1 in your case.
They knew what I was looking for. Not just peak numbers, but overall conditions. Since this time of year is slow, we spent a decent amount of time in the roller. Luckily, since it is slow season, it only cost me what the tech cost the shop; $30.
We ran at those cruising speeds for a couple minutes. 40-80mph in 4th 5th and 6th gear. Until it started showing 5 bars on the temp gauge, and then we let her cool down. WOT runs weren't much different but maybe by a couple tics. We did not do any cruise under 3k rpm.
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic