View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #83
markcap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
I've seen side cases on a Burg before but only one and it was on the net not in person. Its the underseat storage that makes it so appealing. You ever looked in one? Fold the person in half and you could stuff a dead body in there.
The 10 day trip I did this summer, I had 2 dry bags strapped to the rear rack and that was to much stuff. Yes you could replicate that storage on the KLR but it would take 2 large side cases and probably still a top box. In a quick google search says 400 burgs have 62 liters. But it's better shaped than most side cases. Side cases are tall and skinny. Under the seat I can put 2 full faces and have room so stuff more junk around it. But I don't need the helmet storage....I could have put all my stuff for that trip under the seat. Stops, I wouldn't have felt like I had to sit by the window all the time blah blah blah. Not to mention in just everyday use, groceries, hardware store etc. Not to mention all the cubbies up front for stuff. A few poeple have mentioned a Burg won't offroad or even gravel road but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't offroad my KLR. I suppose I'm strictly comparing the touring and daily riding capabilites of each machine on road.
I looked at the Burg 400 & 650. I felt the 400 did not offer enough storage for me, while the 650 seemed to have adequate cargo space without having to add side cases if such case exists. But I probably haul more due to my need to camp & cook at the campsite. But the B 650 just seems SO BIG!
Sounds to me like you talked yourself into a Burg 400. Or maybe you should look at the Wee 650. That's what I have. Fantastic all around machine. Maybe little buzzy at extended high speed travel on super slab.

BTW, Nelson Rigg soft cases with nerf bars work well on a KLR and are not tall & skinny. You can squeeze lots into one.
markcap is offline   Reply With Quote