Thread: 2013 gsa lost
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #28
DSTEVENS OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by k woo View Post
I too had saved for a GSA that I dearly wanted and was a few weeks away from pulling the trigger on my dream bike. A 1200 shaft drive with some off road capability fit my riding style but the "look at me I ride a BMW and that makes me so superior to you attitude" had absolutely nothing to do with my wanting a GSA. Then Yamaha announced the Tenere would be available in the US, I had read about it and was intrigued. To make a long story short I'm 30k + miles into my Tenere including a cross country and back ride in Aug. More long distance rides are being planned with no worry of final drive failures. The Tenere has been flawless and I have never looked back. Give it an honest look.

k woo
I am not a high mileage rider, and I take extremely good care of all of my vehicles, so I would probably get tired of any machine before I wore it out. I have owned plenty of different kinds of bikes, but a dual sport style bike is the only type I want at this stage in my life. And as I said earlier the GSA fits me like a glove, even though I only rode it 10 or 15 miles, I was so comfortable on it out of the box that I have craved one for several years. I road a dl1k a couple years and a KLR 21k miles and my latest and to me greatest was a 08 dl650, I sold it at 30k miles. So minus any crash, or theft it would probably last me as long as I would want it. I certainly will test ride the Tenere since I have done business with this dealer since he opened and know the owner personally. Thanks for everything.
D.
DSTEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote