View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #528
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneggz View Post
Hey John,
Nice to see you using the tent and enjoying your vacation. I've been lurking and enjoying all that you write. I went riding a good bit of dirt yesterday here in the local area with a fellow inmate and he made the statement "this is not adventure riding". What you are doing is "ADVENTURE RIDING" I'm sure the pictures do not do it any justice. I know that the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is not a true statement. I am so impressed with all that you have shared and really appreciate it. I will continue to keep up and hope that you make it to the end of the rainbow and back. Good Times my friend......
Hi grneggz,

I haven't been tenting this week, but in northern Mexico the Sam-I-am tent came in quite handy. It has served me well thanks to your generosity. I'm still getting my ride report/camping mojo down. I'm heading over to Quintana Roo after Palenque and hope to get some camping in.

And I wouldn't discount the adventurous qualities of riding around rural Texas. Some of the most adventurous riding so far this trip was keeping up with slowoldguy on the Texas backroads at the Roll the Bones rally. Adventure riding is a state of mind. There is plenty of great ADVriding in your backyard. You don't have to ride to South America to have a lot of fun. Plenty of great places to ride in the good old US of A.

Best,
John Downs