View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #84
carl johansson
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Team Semper Fi injured Marines Invade Alaska!

Alright guys, we are in. originally i was toying with trying to man up and somehow, impossibly make a husky 450TE go through the torture. But then I got a better idea. we wioll be running 1 or 2 cars, and possibly a bike. team members will be guys from Team Semper Fi, the injured Marine fund. These are guys who came back with TBI, PTSD, missing 1, 2, 3 limbs. So we wil put 2 or 3 guys in each car. If we can find one who is qualified, perhaps we will run a bike as well.

The whole thing will be to raise money for the fund (rated A+, one of the top 10 charities in the country, etc) so far 66 million given to marines and other service men to support them in whatever they need to progess and move forward and adjust. One of the things that helps alot, is that they formed the sports team, these guys participate in the para Olympics, the warrior games, triathlons biathlons ebndurance bike rides, marathons, you name it. But we have never attempted something like this before. But i figure marine training, adapt adjust overcome, training in navigation, perserverence, all of that stuff will help us through this.

Anyway, their website is a bit sparse, and dated, and they use an old discussion group on yahoo to communicate, so I am hoping a few of the veterans residing here will be able to help me out with advise!

thanks guys
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote