View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
PhillipsMetal OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Friday – Day 0:

Alan meets me at the Phoenix airport and we are off to the bank to notarize the title, deposit the check, then off to see the bike. I have a one way ticket, so there is no use in doubling back to the bank at this point. The bike is as incredible as it looks in the pictures. But the best part is that Alan is as excited about this trip as I am. He has taken the bike by BMW for a visit, he loads my saddle bags with tools, puts me up for the night and invites me to his girl friends house for supper. Yolanda fixes a great meal and we talk and play with her two dogs, Rudy and Jewels before jet lag sets in and I beg off desert and go crash.

One small detail worth mentioning here. I have not seriously ridden a motorcycle since I left my Yamaha in Arizona in 1989. Alan is a motorcycle trooper and has his doubts about the sanity of this plan, but does his best to get me going. We take some rides through the neighborhood and around Scottsdale to get used to the BMW. The only real problem that I am having now is getting used to the height of the bike. Once its rolling, its fun to ride. At this point my greatest fear is dropping the bike in front of Alan and having him witness his pristine bike getting scarred up.

Alan’s excitement and Yolanda’s hospitality started the trip with some great karma. I cannot thank them enough for their kindness.
PhillipsMetal is offline   Reply With Quote