View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #3700
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
For us, the show was worth it. We were looking for a potential new bike for my wife and she had a chance to sit on everything that was even remotely interesting - even on the GS. She can pretty much flat foot it with her 5'7" and 32" inseam.

I think the GS looks better (less "sporky") in person, the windshield adjustment is pretty good, looks like it might give a fairly turbulence free ride, it felt fairly light, the seat was much better than on the older GS, felt more like the seat of the RT.

So, overall I really liked it. Will take a test ride when the demo bikes come in. Not sure whether it's for me. I got the R1200R bug again, which was also the most interesting bike for my wife.

But have to admit, compared to any of the European bike shows, the IMS is a freaking joke. Two very small exhibition halls barely filled. But at least most of the manufacturers were there, not many aftermarket guys though. Next time I plan my European vacation around Intermot or so.
I think the one in Long Beach is bigger. It shows KTM as one of the exhibitors. And I seem to have seen an announcement that Touratech will be there as well.

petzi-baer

petzi-baer screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 09:36 PM
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote