View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #1718
TCN
n00b

Oddometer: 7
1190 or 1190R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Unfortunately it is not always that simple - manufacturers will often look at individual markets and 'flex' prices to the positions that they believe particular markets will bear. For instance a H-D part retailing for US$ 100 will often sell for 100 (inc tax) over this side of the pond !!

Import duties may differ from country to country as well.
Hi Pebble, I am new here on this website. I have put down a (refundable) deposit for an 1190 in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts on the pros/cons of the 2 bikes were. I plan to use mine mostly for touring but in Aus, especially where I live once you head away from the motorways the roads can get a little agricultural. I am not planning hardcore off-roading with the bike, just the odd dirt track. I have a 450 EXC (best bike ever!!!) for my off-road kicks. For various reasons (injuries etc) comfort is very important to me and I wonder if you thought there was going to be much difference in comfort level and whether there was any significant ergonomic difference between the bikes. I am 185cm (6" 1') and 96kg. I have time to switch my purchase to an 1190R but at the moment gut feeling is the 1190 base model with the electronic suspension package.

Thoughts and advice from those that have seen and sat on the bikes would be appreciated.

Anyone know when the first bikes will hit Aus/NZ?
TCN is offline   Reply With Quote