View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 AM   #27518
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
I guess I'm the exception, then. I own nine Marlins made before the move and I've never had an issue with any of them. Quality has been excellent on all of them; accuracy has been great on the ones that I shoot. The most recent was an 1895 in .45/70, made just before the move, and it is very accurate with a 330 grain cast bullet and 15 grains of Unique. Nice wood, too...

I think the quality problem guns are the exception and not the rule. You generally hear product complaints more than compliments on the internet about any product. I have heard that the reason for the move was that the new owners felt that the New Haven workforce was problematic, particularly about the quality problems.

I haven't seen the guns since the move so I don't know about those, but I did notice the fit and finish of mine was typical of the complaints - specially where the buttstock joined the receiver. Looking at your wood I would bet that your wood is a higher grade than mine - maybe they took more care in fit.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote