View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #213
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,340
I was at COTA all weekend for the F1 race. It seemed as though each turn had a wide variety of lines the drivers could take. These were seen more in depth while we watched free practice and qualifying on Saturday.

The venue itself is quite impressive. It made Indy seem like a joke in comparison size wise, but then again this is Texas. The GA viewing wasn't too bad, though most locations you saw a couple of turns at a time. Honestly what can you expect from a road course.

The major downside of the place is that since it is in Texas, the place is huge. We made the mistake of not buying a parking pass. It took at least an hour to get from the free shuttle lots to the entrance of the track. There was about a half mile minimum walk from where the shuttle buses dropped you off to where the track entrance was.

The facility handled to crowds very well. Considering Friday had close to the expected MotoGP sized crowd, things should move quite a bit quicker.

All in all it is a pretty impressive place. There is plenty of Texas subtleties built into the design and color scheme of the place. Good to see that there. Food and drinks were expensive as to be expected, but the brisket nachos were quite impressive as were the smoked ribs.

They were quite lax on what was brought in and you could see plenty had brought in their own adult beverages and even a fellow setting up his hookah on a hillside. I'm looking forward to taking my wife down there to watch MotoGP. I'll be sure to spring for the closest parking possible and definitely some grand stand seating.

Andrew Gore
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote