Thread: Beating Tito
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,407
Beating Tito

This will be a long, slow day trip. Starts now and ends in March.

I'v never competed in a motorcycle event before. But Friday I signed up to try and beat Tito.

I counted six entry forms on the clipboard. It was closing time and I would be the last. Well, if two drop out before March 15, and Tito gets the flue... I might have a chance. I think I ride a lot. Tito racks up 50 miles a workday commute. Hard to beat.

Tito may be motivated by employment, but being retired, my ace in the hole is the honey-do. The Treasure Valley of western Idaho runs elevations under 2500 ft. and does not hold snow floor for long. By Sunday I figured Tito was up on me by 100 miles. Then my lovely wife says, "Babe, I forgot to pick up water at Costco."

From my front drive I see the northern end of the Valley.

and the eastern edge, where one finds Boise.

Costco is SE. I head west to Oregon.

Tito has to ride the same route every day. I ride down to the Snake River and cross to Adrian. I pic up some corn on the west edge of the valley then head south along the Snake.

CORN

The Snake swings east and I cross back over in Marsing and wander off to Costco.

A few hours after arriving home with water my Babe finds she is out of Milk Thistle extract. I ride North toward Ontario OR in the fading light.

Home after dark. Two honey-dos... 130 miles.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 09:11 PM
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote