View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
AteamNM OP
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,427
Day 17
Wednesday - November 8, 2012

Quote:

I rode and pushed Jo Jo about a mile to the nearest motel. The most wore down flea bag Hindu Hilton white trash place I have stayed in since a moto trials national in Goldendale California.

As I entered the out skirts of Springdale, Jo Jo started freaking out, the rear end was going all over the place. It is now around 50 degrees, it’s dark and I’m so close to town center. I sit on a curb and stop to consider my options. Slow down, come up with a plan, look at all the options. I can find refuge. I will repair tomorrow and since I have actual work to do in town here I should get Jo Jo to a motel. The tube came out of the rim and the push and ride to the room was crazy with the tube rolling around and jamming between the swing arm. I was hoping the tube could be repaired but in my heart I knew it was wasted while I pushed and sometimes road Jo Jo. So many times I nearly dropped the bike, but never did. After nearly a mile of riding on lawns, on sidewalks, crossing parking lots. It felt awesome to lean the bike against a crappy motel wall, walk in with no shirt on, dripping in sweat, clothes, jackets and helmet hanging off my bike and announce I need a room. I was just wasted.

Meanwhile the fat white trash chick took like 20 minutes to check me in. I pushed the bike backwards to my room and felt like I just finished Kona. Now to find a block or something to get the wheel off and get the show back on the road. Dumpster diving and alley scrounging and I found this, a recycling bin. Later I had to return to alleyscrounging and locate some bricks as the plastic bin was suffering from diastrophism.

This was the problem.

The heater/AC in the crack whore motel was awesome, but did not work.

Leon's Motorcycle Shop facilitated my needs. We installed the rear tire and Leon went back to his place only 3 blocks away. I told Leon I would get the bike loaded and head over to replace the brake pads. I turned on the key and no green magic light. I then noticed my charged adapter was plugged in over night. So I decided to push the bike again over to Leon’s place. Pushing a heavy bike with saddle bags is very difficult. But rolls better with air in the tires.

Also replaced rear brake pads provided by the owner. My spin on Highway 7 through the Ozarks was rear brake-less riding. I heard that metal on metal sound so I mostly just went slower and used the front brake.

Leon had a museum and a killer shop. This is the parts room and his office.

Leon's man castle

Leon has micro fish back to the 60's. He does not have internet and doesn't need it. Leon is old school, a gem.

Very rare Honda 50 totally restored and pretty.

Quote:
The world needs more Leon’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOI_...3&feature=plcp

A true American.

grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

If you walked in there with out your shirt on, that is probably the most excitement she has had in awhile………… you should lock your door and have an escape route planed

If you cant find a good block just lean the bike kickstand side up against a pole and tie it with the tire you want to change off of the ground

if you are doing the rear tire be careful not to let the bike role forward off of the kick stand

ridenm
not waiting anymore

Tony, it makes me happy to see that you are taking your time and seeing the sights along the way. I love traveling by motorcycle, but I've had to do so under a tight schedule sometimes and forgotten to look around.

Stay safe, and enjoy yourself.

Remember my comment about the iPod controller and the crack whore motel. Well it disappeared over night with Jo Jo locked with a cable around the frame and the other end of the cable went inside my hotel and locked to the inside door knob. I had removed everything on the bike, but I forgot the iPod controller on the windshield. This was not the only piece of electronic equipment that suffered a fatality on this trip.

There will be more electronic Gremlin attacks; well maybe not a gremlin but close enough.

AteamNM screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 10:32 PM
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote