View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #90
go.duesouth
Lord of the geeks

Oddometer: 20
I'm 40, been riding since I was 12. Started on a YZ80 and have owned and ridden lots of different bikes. I fell in love with scooters after trying one a few years ago. Kept my WR450 for dirt adventures, scrubbed everything else and got a Kymco 300i. Thought I'd miss shifting, turns out I don't. My riding buddy, first laughed, then he cried when he realized I wasn't joking. Then we went on a thousand mile trip. Somewhere between me whooping his butt on corners, keeping up on straights, my stuff staying locked and dry, the heavy rain going mostly around, instead of on me, quiet engine, and getting 70mpg's, he finally got it. He's the only one who's ever said anything, and it wasn't disparaging, just shock. My only regret is, I didn't wait for the BMW C600. I still love riding motorcycles, but now I love scooters too. But then, there's not much on two wheels I don't like. If you have any reservations and are concerned about what people think, then run right down to the Harley dealer and buy your manhood and join the sea of other middle class noobs on bikes. Otherwise, buy what you like.

go.duesouth screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 01:40 PM
go.duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote