View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #340
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,499
Got the parts to rebuild/reseal the oil cooler, easy job didn't even need to take the header off.

Oh No Mr Bill!!!

These are the oil passages on the front of the block that go into the oil filter, through the oil cooler and back into the pan. The o-rings were in decent shape but I bought the whole kit so why not

Got the whole thing off, cleaned out as best I could

New O rings for the block passages

New o ring for the coolant into the block, and yes I did clean off that hose barb after i took the photo...

A bunch of the bolts were corroded from the coolant, ran them quickly through a die and just like new

I reinstalled the water pump with a new o ring so that is hopefully all the trouble areas. The gaskets at teh top of this post were terrible so I think that was the reason. I need to run a bunch of water through the system to flush out the remaining chocolate milk that is surely in the block.

Then this bike is going down for a long winters nap. I will throw on the sumo forks, shock and wheels and put it in storage until spring. I have a new Ninja 650 that I am really excited to start building and my ADHD forbids me from ever finishing a project Seriously I will finish this one but I plan to rob a bunch of parts off this one to the other bike and vise versa so I'll wait until the spring and finish them both up. And Maybe the Fz1. Maybe

Nessmuk

sailah screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 06:36 PM
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote