View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #110
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by localmoto View Post
hey,
was fun rideing with you, and all on sunday...hope to do again!!!

but as wanted to ask you,, if you have ever heard, of MotoQuest.com ???

think you ,an other's (who like/flow your thread) would like ,to get up with them too..
there are based out of Alaska. that do tours ,in alaska and ,around the world.. also have rental shops across the US now,,alot on the West coast = (one in tenn) ,,,with mostly bmw or klr's rentals !!!
or go on there world tour ,an pick up ,that country' best known bike,, when you get there!! =some time never made/shipped to the USA !!!!!

Point being:: they will have a Civil War tour,,, starting/ending in D.C making a loop,,down into Va/ W Va area ,, and back,,est week long.. mostly slab = but most all on dual-sports type = some have BIG road bikes (dont think ,ever see any gravel) !!!!!!!!

THIS March 2013 !!!

main stoping points
battle grounds of - Manassas -Antietam -Getteysburg -CrossKeys -Port Republic
Harpers Ferry
Appomattox Courthouse
Museum of the Confederacy Appomattox
and the White House of the Confederacy

i hope to join them, least part of the trip.. as last time we rode (they came out here WNC) an had nice group stay the weekend, out on hwy28,, that rode some 200-300miles day..

PLEASE look them up,, an or hope to see ,you there too...!!!!!...????....
Will do !! Sounds like a lot of fun and neat things to see soz I'll check into it.

Yup! Good ridin' with you too and seems like you can take that KLR bout anywhere I had a blast and it was good to get out on the KTM for a change. Been wiring up my GPS mount and switch for it on the Adventure tonight and think I got it done. Going to ride it some over the Holiday then I have a Clearwater aux light system for more front running lights ( can't have too many I guess ) and they are dimmable soz that'll be a big job and I have to figger out where to mount them so I won't leave them on a stump somewhere....you take care and lets ride again soon. Thanks for checking in on my trippin thread!

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote