View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #57
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pig View Post
Interesting timing that this thread came up. I'm coming up on retirement next year and looking to relocate from the Bermuda Triangle of Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis. One of the places we are considering is the Chattanooga area. Wife wants to go to UT, I want to live somewhere that doesn't take 30% of my pension in taxes. Plus I've lived too long without mountains around me.

After 20+ years in the fire department, I'm just looking for someplace quiet. Somewhere off the beaten path that also allows the wife unit reasonable access to campus. We are planning a trip after the first of the year to have a look around. Suggestions, guidance, advice, meeting for local beers would be appreciated.
You can sure as heck find that here. Lots of great deals on vacation cabins that the owners can't seem to keep rented theses days. I have a friend who is renting a awesome cabin on the river.

Let us know when you will be in town and maybe I can join you for lunch and give some tips. I'd be happy to lead you on a sample ride that will have half new england in our backyard by march if they knew about it.

If you still want to volunteer you are welcome to my neighborhood cause my fire protection rating cannot get any worse.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote