View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #103
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,466
I slept in for the first time on the trip, getting up just before noon to find Eric's wife working from home in the living room. Out in the driveway I saw Eric's truck. "Did Eric stay home from work today?" I asked his wife. She said he'd ridden his motorcycle in today. First time he's ridden his bike in months.

I did a load of laundry and cleaned up some of my gear (notice I'm no longer wearing my embarassing Hooters T-shirt in the photos). Eric came by with his work truck a couple hours later and told me to follow him back to the shop. He was taking the rest of day off.

I parked inside and he showed me around.

Eric insisted I try a Greenie at Tony Jaros'.

And then a beer nearby at a club right on the river.

I had dinner plans with Amanda, a girl I met back in Aitkin, Minnesota twelve years ago and haven't seen for about ten years. I'd called her a few days ago and told her I'd be in town. She had offered a place to crash tonight. Eric and I got a quick photo before we parted ways.

Amanda wanted to meet at the trendy Icehouse downtown. She was already there when I arrived.

The food was good, but the portions were laughable. Seriously, when the waiter set my plate in front of me, I thought it was one of the sides that came with dinner. No, it was the whole meal. It looked like two Chicken McNuggets and a small scoop of coleslaw. Probably there was a garnish on the plate, too.

One cool thing was that the wait staff used iPods to place your order, so our drinks arrived before the waiter even walked away from our table.

During dinner, Amanda asked where I was planning to stay tonight. She added that she'd like to offer a place to stay, but she'd have to ask her boyfriend first and she didn't think he'd be up for it.. There goes the digs I was planning on

After dinner I called Eric back and explained my dilemma. Could I crash at his place again? "No problem, come on over."

The next day I planned to meet with my high school friend, Tony. I'd have the scare of my life before that happened.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way

Jamie Z screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 01:28 AM
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote