Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #11284
kaotickustomz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Kao, over 20 million tourists visit Mexico each year and come home safe. Some drown, some die in traffic accidents or have heart attacks. Some are murdered by family members. But I can count on 1 hand the number of American tourists murdered in Mexico in the last 3 years. There have been Americans killed in the border towns but they were not tourists, they were involved in illegal activity. Being a border agent in El Paso will expose one to the worst elements and skew perceptions. I have lived in Mexico for 5 years. I don't live in the city, I don't live a secure gated community either. Our doors are open from 7 am to 9 pm and on fiesta nights well past midnight. No fear.

If you are that afraid, then don't come. A little fear can be good to keep one on their toes but people paralyzed by fear are a danger to themselves and to others. So if that's you, don't come. On the other hand, if you know yourself and you know how to be aware of your surroundings and pay attention then come down and ride. You will not regret it.

Saludos
HAHAHAHA afraid huh, obviously you've never been to the city I live, Detroit. It is easily one of the most violent cities in America where murders, drug dealers and drug addicts run rampant. I've been shot at, had guns pulled on me and witnessed dead bodies in abandon houses, none of which happened in Mexico. Yet I love it here much like you love Mexico. I'm sure I can find statistics on how many people come here and leave without incident too. I loved visiting Mexico every time I went, only had 1 bad incident which wouldn't stop me from going again. Like I said I was just sharing what I was told by family members who both live there and work a long the border. Wasn't looking for an argument. There are bad parts and good arts no matter where you visit.
kaotickustomz is offline   Reply With Quote