View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #24636
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by reimorei View Post
Pulled the trigger on a 2007 TE 610 with 3.000km (2.000 miles). Just ordered a LV complete exhaust system and may will try a JD jet kit as it's a carbed model. So far just changed rear tire as it came with a DS tire. Will check cam chain tensioner when it's around 6.000 miles. So far loving the bike in some 4x4 roads and light trails, but found the suspension to be on the stiff side.
I'm 5'6" tall and 165 lbs w/o gear, but the bike height isn't an issue as I've ridden enduro bikes since when I was a kid.
No matter what they tell you around here, the 2007 carb'd 610 was the best year. Great score! :-) I might be a bit biased also.

I am 185# and have a 5 gallon tank - my shock and forks were tuned and I had to install lighter springs to achieve nirvana. I really do love the tuned suspension on this bike. Just soaks up the rocks and roots. I tend to glide over them versus drive around them. My TE450 is untuned and constantly reminds me of why I tuned the 610 suspension. The best part is I did it early so I do not end up saying "I should have done it long ago" :-). The 5 gallon IMS tank is low cost and keeps the weight down low and gets you 200 miles easy. Like a KLR supertanker, someone has to refuel all the KTMs out there. I often think about the 17.5K miles on mine and wonder when and if I will ever find another 2007 with 2K miles as a replacement. I am tempted to get one and store it for the day I eventually retire my current one.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote