View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #308
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
It's nice when premium gear is worth the money, isn't it?
You bet. I'm confident without even trying it that the venting will be great as it's very similar to the venting on my previous Olympia AST jacket and that was the best feature of the AST.

I was even more impressed with the waterproofness of the Klim Badlands on the way home tonight on the completely unfaired and naked DR350. You can't be more exposed to the elements than on a bike like that. It was a heavy downpour with large raindrops most of the 40 minute ride into a very strong headwind going 90 kph. At times the rain was hitting me so hard that I could feel a light sting on my skin right through the jacket, my 3-layer Gerbing heated full-liner and a cotton long sleeve turtleneck; mostly could feel it on the arms but even on my body at times. But not a drop of water got inside! Very impressive.

Definitely booking Friday off to give it a full day's riding in the rain to simulate an extreme inclement weather touring situation if the weather forecast holds true. That will be the real test! . . . BRING IT ON!

V-Stormer screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 08:12 PM
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote