View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #94
novaboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
novaboy - There are several Canadians entered from the east part of the continent. Maybe there is a way to tow a box trailer with all your bikes and gear to Seattle and back. That way you can get some economies. Shipping one way to Seattle on a pallet is about $600.

In 2006 Crankshaft and I both towed coast/coast and back a couple hours apart! There is a possibility of getting space on the sweep trailers from Anchorage back to Seattle too. But it's still a 3.5 day trip trailering or riding...
Thanks Pantah, definitely something I'll look into. We have a little meeting tomorrow to discuss this in greater detail. Possibility of putting a team of 4 together. Now we have to figure a plan out on how to break the news to our better half

With any luck NEWFIE BULLET RACING will be at the next Alcan. In case some of you don't know The Newfie Bullet was what the Newfoundlanders nicknamed the old trains when Newfoundland had a railway, and it wasn't because it was fast. My father said it was so slow on hills he had time to jump off pick some berries on the bogs and jump back on before it crested the hill.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote