View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #83
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post
I think 12 liters is sufficient. You get about 300km out of a regular tank, 400km if you stretch. add 12 liters you can almost double that. When will most of us ever need more? Except for the most remote locations a reach of 600km is totally fine. For most of the real world users anyway, most of them probably can do entirely without the tank. Less weight though - is always a good thing, right? Also it would be something to differentiate it from the Touratech option (if the price won't be that factor anyway).

And yeah - we need pictures!

Edit: Of course on could always argue that you don't have to entirely fill up the bigger tank... I'd still think I prefer a smaller, more slim and lightweight solution. It'd also be great if your design, other than the Touratech one, would take into consideration the air filter in a sense that you can still easily get to it.
I'm with you on that one. If you are running at 4l/100kms you can get 650-700 kms out of your combo. I think that's more than enough and you'll need to stop for your sore ass anyway. If someone wants more out of it they can get extra cans on their pannier system. It stays a motorcycle and not a car.

Do you think crash bars will be easy to install/ design for that new bike with the extra tank?
I think that is a good point to consider since it's nearly impossible to fit some on the TT tank.

Cheers,

Tom - Loutre

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote