View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #86
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuelv View Post
The air filter will be covered by the original piece ... our BMW will be two separate tanks, regardless of how we choose ...
perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuelv View Post
The original BMW motor protection low you should mount the same.
If you do not think you can mount that will produce our own ...
with the touratech i think the most common feedback is that you really don't need the added weight of crashbars since the tank itself is quite durable. and it's an offroad bike, if you you want to keep it pretty, well...

with the new tank the question would be how durable it really is in a crash situation. given that it will be covered by the fairings those would be impacted first and probably scratch/crack so that's one reason for crashbars if you care about this (although I managed to crack mine even with the high touratech crashbars installed, it's called talent... ). but how durable are those tanks themselves? i suppose the solution can best be compared with the original rally raid tanks for the 690, and most of those run without crash bars i think.

edit: being from germany one major requirement down the line would be tüv approval of course... it sucks sometimes, but that's the way it is.