View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #34
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,567
Thanks dudes

We ride on ahead of the Land Rover and find the going is more open wide gravel trails passing through the last remaining villages;a small amount of palms and then we meet tarmac......ride along this towards the aerial and the hotels will appear on your RHS.

We park in the gravel car park,remove panniers and chat with each other whilst waiting for the Land Rover.....which arrives soon. In the meantime the local 'lookouts' will have texted ahead and as usual a local mechanic arrives,this time on his scooter touting for business...(normally he arrives in a hard top 300tdi Defender)....this method works well for all concerned and is normal. Frank arrives,talks to the mechanic and takes the opportunity to get a few parts installed at Moroccan labour rates...overnight!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The KTM dude does the opening credits of 'The Morcombe and Wise Show' whilst still on his moto.....

[IMG][/IMG]

The hotel has a guardian and the going rate for anyone doing this type of work is about €3.00-€5.00 per night....

I think if I sit in the guardians seat then someoen will give €5?....nah...no chance...the EDC wouldn't spend daylight...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ricky is still kicking himself for not being able to carry the bicycle on his AT....

[IMG][/IMG]

Of course and as mentioned before,some riders and their antics within the the EDC ....would of course be as well off on a camel....at least it can take over when you've no idea what you're doing....lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Craig wants to swop his Tiger for a moped and I tell him not to do it as it will have all that electrickery stuff in it and besides.... it has a mercury piston and will hydraulic if it falls over.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Of course Ken is still feeling poorly...so we take his picture again....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Somebody asks me another question about the hotel....so they get a look that says "I'm winging it .....I don't know anything...ask in the hotel ....are you like 9 or something...ask your Mom?" lol

[IMG][/IMG]

The hotel is great...in warmer months you'll eat breakfast beside the pool in the mornings.....expect in,all of our travels to pay 150 - 250 dirhams per night per head and this includes a massive evening meal and breakfast....the average was 200Dhms and the lowest 150Dhms....(way later in the trip the most expensive was 650Dhms but it was late and no one could be bothered to look for anything else)

There's no shortage too of ATM's in most main towns,wifi in most hotels and they have mobile phone cover in all but the most remote areas....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 01:48 PM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote