View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
CompAcc OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87

Warp drive - Engage!

It's always amazing when you get up really early, you feel like you have done so much and it still isn't lunch time...

We stopped to check out this waterfall off of HWY 276

We weren't the only bikes out enjoying a beautiful day on some beautiful roads!

Finally! *After a couple hundred miles and a never-ending morning, we finally made it!

I have to admit I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. *I knew they had a collection of rare bikes, but had no idea how big the place was. *Upon arriving I could tell just from the sheer size of the building that we were in for a treat. *For those of you who aren't familiar, Wheels Through Time is a motorcycle museum located in Maggie Valley, NC. *Wheels Through Time was started by Dale Walksler back in 1993. *Dale and his son Matt restore and build bikes in the attached shop, finishing about 1 bike a month currently. *The museum has been in North Carolina for about 6 years now, and is run primarily by volunteers who are passionate about what they do.

Many bikes from many different states filled the parking lot.

Now you know how they keep their grass so nice!

We barely made it past the main entrance. *As soon as you walk in you are greeted with so much to look at that you can only go a few feet at a time.