View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #11345
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
who would steal a klr??? a blessing in disguise, cash out and put you time and money into a DR. If I see your bike, I'll tell the thief to keep heading south and that you are now better off...

...Yeah, all joking aside though, I really loved that bike.

The thing that kills me most about this is I just got done doing a couple upgrades to the motor. A couple months ago I tore it apart and installed a 688 "big bore" kit, stage II head (port/polish, oversized stainless valves, etc.), and Keihin FCR-MX39 flat slide pumper carb. I bought a Innovate Motorsports LM-2 O2 meter/logger and the just about had the cab dialed in. The bike SCREAMED! Anyways, the depressing part is I didn't even have 30 miles on the motor; it wasn't even broken in yet!

Oh, and to add insult to injury........insurance called me back last night and said that the mods to the bike were not "fully indorsed" and they can only give me $500 max towards any upgrades I had done.

So, I don't know what I am going to do now. I'm thinking I might end up getting only about $3500 when all of this is over. I'm keeping my eyes open for a descent deal on either a DR650, or maybe another KLR since I have the knowledge and experience of working on them. To tell you the truth though, I just want my bike back.

Oh well, such is life. Karma will eventually kick these guys in the sack, I'm sure of that. Eh, and who knows, this might actually be a blessing and I end up with something much better!
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote