View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,647
So...we check out(300Dhms per head) and are bound for M'hamid to see if we can play in the dunes there. It'll be a short road ride which gives us time to get into Zagora to get fuel and money along with picking up the Land Rover. As it's not far from the older routes of the Dakar when it was a real race...the garage has a large photo file of past competitors which makes great nostalgia. The owner is very proud of the pieces of race cars that he has around the place..he showed me an old door from a Mitsibushi Pajero 4x4 of a certain vintage!!

His garage is the cleanest and most organized garage I've ever seen in Maroc...and it was good to see the stickers all over the walls...great!!

[IMG][/IMG]

We all head over to see if the LR is fixed.....we only have to wait a short time so some head off for fuel and money.

[IMG][/IMG]

You can see an old bit of Dakar race car body work hanging on the door!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Christophes gets a rear rack repaired that had broken under vibration on the corrugations.....

[IMG][/IMG]

We all stand about watching the world go by and taking it all in....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ricky charges a local kid €20 to have his picture taken with him.....

[IMG][/IMG]

This kid does runner and is very attentive...I can only imagine that he'll turn out to be an excellent mechanic by the times he's 13 or 14!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

I go get petrol along the street....

201.1kms 9.72litres and 121.50 Dhms and at 12.50Dhms/ltr

..and others get money from one of the 4 ATM's in the street working...when I return to see the LR I find everyone very comfortable sitting in the street having traditional mint tea...that's Maroc!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Noah gets his moto signed again but this time uniquely in Arabic...it looks a great souvenir to have on his moto for sure...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

As before..everyone watches the world go by.......

[IMG][/IMG]

Christophe is always waiting to take a snap....anywhere..even whilst sitting on the kerb :)
[IMG][/IMG]

Frank has a wee peep at the old Series 3.....he even tries to open the door with a crow bar because he can see loose change sitting in the ash tray.....even though the window is open...

[IMG][/IMG]

Couldn't get the door open so he lets all the tyres down instead after the pic is taken.....

[IMG][/IMG]

These are home made tow trucks....Marrakech is full of these and they're all still working anything from 30-40yrs after they were built

The mechanic offers to trade all that he owns including the shirt off his back just to have the best moto of the group.....I refuse of course...

[IMG][/IMG]

.....even a passing dude on a moped looks over in amazement when he see's how fantastic the XTZ is compared to all the other motos........

[IMG][/IMG]

Caro looks really excited to be talking motos and 4x4's

[IMG][/IMG]

.....but wait!!!!...I see another Yamaha with a factory works fitted seat cover....

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 02:39 PM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote