View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #3050
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Thanks for the positive comments guys, i hope it all works out and will be working on it some more this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
)Where are you putting your lights?
initially am thinking about mounting under the bars out of the way for when i drop it but am not 100% on that idea yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
My bars are raised up about 2" with a Scott's submount and some risers, was wondering if there's going to be enough slack in the wires on all the OEM indicator lights and for the computer. How high are your bars raised?
I like your plan, was thinking something along those lines and will be interested in seeing your location of a fuse block too.
my bars are 17mm above standard on a mount to take the scotts damper (i dont have one yet but planning too at some point) i think any more than that will need some of the wires extending ... rtf has just confirmed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Frosty, nice setup. Can you tell me how much that package above weighs? HDB stuff looks great but I've always wondered how much weight it adds to the front.
i'll try and weigh them at the weekend but its all nice and light;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
I have the HDB top clamp and computer protector but used the one that had 4 holes for the lights built in. I have 2 1/2" risers and I had to extend 3 of the 4 wires for the indicators. 1 just barely and 2 a couple of inches. The computer had plenty of room.
Cool wish i had known it had been done before i would have picked your brains first!
i considered that setup but was concerned about the wires for lights being exposed hence the mod i had done. did you have any problems with the brake line getting taught around the comp unit? am guessing that with the higher bar risers the comp unit is totally above the headlight mask? i think mine is going to clash

Quote:
Not trying to steal Frosty's thunder or anything on these last 2 posts but the HDB stuff is very light!.
steal away

Quote:
* not sure if the ktm/husaberg stuff is officially on the site yet (it wasn't 2 months ago when I ordered my parts) but I had to order everything thru e-mail. My only gripe was that the computer protector came un-anodized and I had to rattle can it black to match. Not a huge deal, I didn't even say anything about it to Paul, just make sure you emphasize EXACTLY what you want and he is clear about it. Great workmanship otherwise.
there is a ktm parts section on his site now, like you when i was trawling for a solution there was no mention of the ktm comp protectors, only happened to come across them when trawling an HDB post on here
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote