View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #11347
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

JP
Same... Will call the PO PO if I see it ... If you recover it please post up so I don't follow you like a madman and call the police while trying to encourage you to pull over. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackbrown View Post

...Yeah, all joking aside though, I really loved that bike.

The thing that kills me most about this is I just got done doing a couple upgrades to the motor. A couple months ago I tore it apart and installed a 688 "big bore" kit, stage II head (port/polish, oversized stainless valves, etc.), and Keihin FCR-MX39 flat slide pumper carb. I bought a Innovate Motorsports LM-2 O2 meter/logger and the just about had the cab dialed in. The bike SCREAMED! Anyways, the depressing part is I didn't even have 30 miles on the motor; it wasn't even broken in yet!

Oh, and to add insult to injury........insurance called me back last night and said that the mods to the bike were not "fully indorsed" and they can only give me $500 max towards any upgrades I had done.

So, I don't know what I am going to do now. I'm thinking I might end up getting only about $3500 when all of this is over. I'm keeping my eyes open for a descent deal on either a DR650, or maybe another KLR since I have the knowledge and experience of working on them. To tell you the truth though, I just want my bike back.

Oh well, such is life. Karma will eventually kick these guys in the sack, I'm sure of that. Eh, and who knows, this might actually be a blessing and I end up with something much better!
Well... Not that I am looking forward to offloading my DR soon - gotta pay off my truck yet, but I was cut an AWESOME deal by a member here on it (MudPig). Maybe I can pay it forward and git you a good deal on it. Would come with a supermoto kit as well - give the cops some time to find yers, if all else fails maybe we can work something out.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote