View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #3052
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post

Cool wish i had known it had been done before i would have picked your brains first!
i considered that setup but was concerned about the wires for lights being exposed hence the mod i had done. did you have any problems with the brake line getting taught around the comp unit? am guessing that with the higher bar risers the comp unit is totally above the headlight mask? i think mine is going to clash

there is a ktm parts section on his site now, like you when i was trawling for a solution there was no mention of the ktm comp protectors, only happened to come across them when trawling an HDB post on here
Like yours better. It is slicker! I have too many holes on my top clamp and not enough things to plug in them.(That sounds kinda dirty!) right now I just have a rocker switch for heated grips that is going to take up one of the top holes and then either a USB charging port or power let port for the other one. The bottom holes will remain empty for now. My brake line runs in front of the computer but no problems with it getting caught up or anything. It has rubbed the paint of a small section. Ya, the computer sits above the mask. I think it looks a little goofy. I am going to push the mask forward a little more (already have it spaced 6-8mm forward now to keep the steering damper clamp from rubbing the harness) and make a small windscreen-ish thing to come off the mask and slightly above the computer. That should provide some protection and shade for reading the computer.

I will have to check out the site soon. Now that I am pretty sure I am keeping my other bike I will have to get a dedicated set of bark busters for the Husaberg. Changing the set of Pro-bends back and forth is a hassle! I am gonna get Paul's hand guards with a left side fold in mirror and integrated turn signals. I believe Lost has the same set up. Very snazzy!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote