View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #18308
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
First off you can't practice for Oh Shit moments! If you could they would be lets do this again moments!
So by going to Star/CSBS/Barber schools and track days where others and even though I have been doing this for 36 years routinely ask the instructors and the guys that are just plain better than me for tips. Is that not practice? Why are sport bike guys any bigger Asshole's than you latte drinking BMW poser asshole's?

I would and do take all of my bikes to the Track and practice riding them at the edge of my ability. Everyone should test their skill and their bike every now and again and again. It makes decision making moments on the street go your way more often than not. There will be things that crop up on the street that you cannot practice for, but having an intimate knowledge of your's and the bike's capability can never hurt!
The money for fixing your plastics is a lot less than 3 days in ICU and 6 months of PT.
I have no idea what your post suggests... I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. I suggested practicing and building skills and it seems like you suggest doing the same, and attending high performance riding schools, clinics ,and track days. So... maybe we agree. You CAN practice for times where you need to do other than simply ride down the road at the speed limit safely. And you should practice.

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.

Barry screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 07:22 PM
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote